6 Reasons I am Thankful for Running
Yesterday was National Running Day and unfortunately I couldn’t get a run in but I made up for it this morning on my treadmill.
There are so many of these types of days out there and they are a little bit silly but the Running Day I can definitely jump on the bandwagon for.
Running has been a huge part of my life for over 10 years now. It all started as a way for me to relieve some stress and lose some of the weight I gained freshman year of college but it is now something I do for so many other reasons too. I figured in celebration of this day (and maybe another way to get me out of that running slump) I would give you the reasons why I am thankful for running:
• It keeps me sane. If I’m in a bad mood, it is easily fixed by a run. It helps me get through a stressful situation and I’m so grateful for that. It’s so nice to be able to go out for a run and come back feeling like a completely different (and better) person. I’m sure my husband is thankful for that too!
• It keeps me healthy. I want to treat my body really well so that I can be in great health to enjoy all the wonderful things in life. Running keeps me in check with my health. It keeps my doctor giving me an A+ report and also helps drive me to eat healthier. When I run and feel good about myself I don’t want to waste that by eating crappy food and feeling tired and sluggish again. I like feeling healthy.
• It gives me alone time. I love spending time with friends and family but I will be honest, sometimes I just want time alone. This is a great way to get it and I get my time to my own thoughts and just a break from all the things going on in life.
• I get to really see places. When I’m driving or riding in a car I don’t really have time to pay attention to the little things around me. When I go for a run, I really get to see things – especially when I run in a new city or race. It’s a great way to see a place and appreciate what’s around you.
• It keeps me motivated. I don’t know what it is but on the days I run I just feel so much more energized, motivated, and patient. I usually run in the morning so it starts my day off on the right foot and I just feel ready to take things on. It helps me feel determined.
• It has introduced me to so many wonderful people. I have met so many people through running and it’s been a really great experience. From meeting other bloggers who run to meeting a runner during a race that I might not even see again. I’ve learned something from each one and been reminded that there are really good people out there.
I’m sure there are some things that I’m forgetting or that I don’t even realize but running is a part of me. I know some people might not understand it but I do and that’s what matters.
I want to encourage you to follow along in my health journey through what I learn and experience. I hope there is something you can take away from Fit Busy Female that inspires you to start taking control of your health and feeling better every day.