Home Workout of the Day
In order to prevent myself from going a little crazy in the house on maternity leave, I do my own workouts at home. It gets my heart pumping, blood flowing, and makes me feel accomplished for the day. So from time to time I will share the workouts that I do with you.
Below is a recent workout I did at home. I was actually sore the next day! The good kind of sore. Where you feel like you did something great for your body. So here is a quick list of everything I did.
(If you aren’t sure about an exercise, feel free to contact me or you can always google them. I don’t have the capability to record myself doing them… yet 😉 )
- Push ups: 3 sets of 10
- Squat thrusts (use a weight to push in the air with both arms as you come up and if you don’t have a weight just use your body!): 3 sets of 10
- Kettle bell swings: 3 sets of 12
- Planks: 3 sets, hold for 1 minute each time
- Walking lunges (add some weights to hold for a challenge): 3 sets of 20
- Wall sits: 3 sets, hold for 1 minute each time
- Ab roller (you can do crunches if you don’t have an ab roller): as much as I could take!
- Concentration curls: 3 sets of 10 (each arm)
Sometimes you just need a 15 minute workout to re-charge!
I want to encourage you to follow along in my health journey through what I learn and experience. I hope there is something you can take away from Fit Busy Female that inspires you to start taking control of your health and feeling better every day.