Why Quality Workout Clothes Matter
October 23, 2015|Posted in: Uncategorized
When I first started running and really working out I had no idea what type of clothes to wear. Thinking back, I still can’t believe I wore old cotton shirts or clothes that didn’t even fit me properly. They were uncomfortable, caused the dreaded chafing, and I didn’t feel good in them at all.
I was of the mindset that I was just going to sweat in the clothes I wore so did it really even matter what I was wearing? As soon as I finally bought some clothes that were actually meant for working out and I felt good in, I realized, oh yes, it matters.
The clothes you wear when you are running, doing yoga, walking, Zumba, spinning, whatever your choice of exercise, make a difference in the way you feel and your performance. Here are a few reasons why high quality clothes matter when you work out:
• Keep you cool. As I mentioned, you don’t want to work out in cotton clothes or material that isn’t meant for sweating in. You need the right stuff to keep you cool. The right material for workout clothes is meant to get wet from sweat so it helps keep your body cooled off.
• Prevent chafing. Have you ever experienced chafing? Ugh, it’s the worst. Besides loading up with Body Glide, wearing the right clothes is the best way to prevent this. Chafing is not your friend and it’s not fun.
• The smell. This might sound like a funny one but I swear I’ve noticed that higher quality clothes don’t smell! I sweat a lot when I work out and I don’t want to be the smelly kid in the gym. You get what you pay for!
• They wash well. This is a huge requirement in my book. I hate when I find a piece of clothing, even regular every day clothing, that I like but then I wash it and it comes out completely different. Quality clothes will not do that.
• You feel better. You know that feeling you get when you actually like the outfit you are wearing and are excited to go out in it? Why not feel that way about the clothes you work out in? It’s not about trying to look the cutest for someone else but for yourself. I want to be in clothes that I feel good about myself in. Which brings me to…
• Your performance is better! This is the best one. Call me crazy but just try it and you will believe it. When you feel good about the clothes you are in and they perform the way they should, your work out or run will be better. That’s definitely worth it, right?!
• You wear them not just for working out. Honestly, I wear these types of clothes all the time. I see other women wearing them too – to run errands, drop their kids off at daycare, and hang out around the house. A lot of times I go run errands after going to the gym. I don’t want to be in crappy, cheap clothes. It’s just the truth. If they are the right clothes, they do all of the things mentioned above too so after sweating it out in the gym your clothes will still be in great shape for whatever you have to do afterwards.
I like getting the right quality for what I spend on clothes and that includes workout clothes. I want to feel good in them and perform better.
Full Disclosure: I am a Brick Betty Fit Pro and right now those are definitely my favorite high quality workout clothes. They did not ask me to write this post. I just truly believe in the product. If you are curious: click for my favorite sports bra I can’t get enough of right now.
I want to encourage you to follow along in my health journey through what I learn and experience. I hope there is something you can take away from Fit Busy Female that inspires you to start taking control of your health and feeling better every day.